Job Openings at Yosemite Westgate Lodge, Groveland, California
Job Title: Houseperson
Job Id: Houseperson
Job Location: Buck Meadows, California, USA
Key Skills: Organized, Friendly, Hardworking And A Self-starter
Experience: 0 - 1 Years
Salary: $Starting at $17/Hourly
The Houseperson assists all departments in the hotel by cleaning common areas, performing light maintenance, cleaning of debris from exterior grounds, stocking supplies, attending to guest service requests, and providing bellhop or luggage handling services.
1. Assist Housekeeping in cleaning common (public) areas of hotel, using vacuum cleaner, broom, mop, sweeper in both interior and exterior areas of the property.
2. Sweep, mop, scrub, wax, polish floors in lobby, public restrooms, fitness areas, laundries (public and main), storerooms, as directed by Head Housekeeper, Front Desk, or General Management.
3. Dust, polish, and clean lobby, halls, elevator metal work, door glass and handles, public telephone booths, pool, patio and lobby furniture and stairways leading to upper floors.
4. Maintain outside parking area, building entry ways, lawn, flower beds and walkways free of litter, debris, and weeds. Wash parking area on scheduled basis and ensure the parking lot is free of all cigarette butts and refuse.
5. Assist Maintenance Department, when requested, to help with maintenance projects and perform rudimentary servicing such as cleaning or changing air conditioning filters in guestrooms and cleaning and maintaining the pool and spa and sauna/fitness facilities.
Must be eligible to be employed in the United States of America.
Must be proficient to efficiently perform all jobs within Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
Must have mental process for following directions, remembering, and applying elementary English language skills (speaking) to sufficiently communicate with supervisors and hotel Guests for the purpose of Guest privacy, safety, and answering to Guest requests.
Must be able to load, unload, or push luggage carts weighing approximately 200 pounds when filled to capacity.
Must be able to wear protective gloves when handling potentially infectious materials.
Must have physical and mental abilities to perform essential housekeeping job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Benefits of working with Yosemite Westgate Lodge:
401k and Health Care benefits available to qualified employees. Great staff and management at Yosemite Westgate Lodge provide an ideal work environment.